Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Friday, September 24, 2010

ITS FALL!!

Its is finally fall!! I am ready for cooler weather and watching football! Its time to bring out those crock-pots and put them to work! Today I have in mine, Italian Pork Tenderloin! This is a recipe I came up with when I looked into my pantry and seen a few cans of tomato's left. This past summer we had a garden and planted 27 tomato plants, and boy, did they every grow! We harvested over 500 tomatoes this season! Needless to say, my canning skills developed greatly! I have cabinets and a freezer full of salsa, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian tomatoes and tomato juice! I have stopped purchasing canned tomatoes at the store a couple of months ago! When I seen the 2 cans left I decided to put them to use! One can diced tomatoes and one can Italian diced tomatoes bring this recipe together! I hope you enjoy!

Italian Pork Tenderloin

1 Pork Tenderloin, any size will do
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 onion, sliced in half moons
salt/pepper
2 t onion powder, divided
2 t garlic powder, divided
2 t Italian seasoning, divided
1 t Thyme, divided
4 to 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 T EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Crock-pot

In crock-pot pour EVOO. Add sliced onion. Take half of all seasonings and sprinkle on both sides of pork tenderloin. Place tenderloin in crock-pot and add both cans of tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle rest of seasonings on top of tomatoes. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 8 hours or until tenderloin is done. This will make a very flavorful sauce. Serve Pork Tenderloin and tomato sauce over a bed a rice! Sauteed Green Beans make a great side dish as well (recipe is in previous posts)! I hope you enjoy!!




~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment