Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Monday, October 18, 2010

The Times..They are a changing....and so am I!


As fall is in full force, I can't help but notice while I am driving down our country back roads, the trees are changing the leaves colors and they soon fall to the ground with the slightest wind! I started to think about how a trees' leaves change colors then fall off, and the tree looks bare till spring, when it starts to show signs of life again! I thought about how I could apply this to our lives. There are seasons that God brings us through. Some may seem dark to us but those are the times that God wants us to reach out to him for light. Am I wanting this to be a sermon...No, but I do want to share my thoughts with you! Could it be that God wants us to shed our leaves and allow him to bring forth new life to us? The leaf itself starts out small and green, then it grows to full size and stays that way till cooler weather comes. It then starts to turn beautiful shades of orange, red and yellow! All while it is dying inside. It becomes dry and brittle. And soon, falls to the ground. The tree has to shed its leaves in order to make room for the next leaves to come in spring. Applied to our lives, we start out small and "green". Then, as time goes on in one season, we grow and become full size...in that season of our lives. But, as God works on us to grow, sometimes we refuse...or we start dying inside. We get to comfortable in our daily lives, pushing Him further and further away, little by little. We start "drying out". And soon, our leaves start falling to the ground. We try and cover it up by turning beautiful colors. We say we are fine but on the inside we are longing for something more, greater, fuller, something Alive. We go through our dry season (winter). Where we once were walking around dead on the inside, we are starting to look dead on the outside, we let our selves go. But, God has not forgotten you! We may go through a season of winter, where we feel that nothing is going right, whether your falling behind on bills, or your family is falling apart at the seams, people are becoming disconnected and you want to hide under a rock. All you have to do is turn turn God again. Allow him to bring forth new life if your lives. Just as spring rolls around and new leaves start to form on the trees, in brilliant shades of green, God will start a new leaf on your tree of life! He will turn your sorrow into Joy, your pain into healing, your crying into laughter! This Season too shall pass!
I didn't mean to go on and on but I needed to share my thoughts! My blog will start to change little by little! There will still be recipes posted but I am also adding my thoughts for that day or what is on my mind! I have recently stumbled upon couponing and I must say, I am addictive! I will share my secrets that I have learned and the deals that I have gotten! I look forward to hearing your feedback's and if you are not a follower now, don't be afraid, I don't bite!!
~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment