Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Monday, August 24, 2009

Roasted Tomatoes

Here is a recipe I came up with just so I could get my husband to eat tomatoes....

3 big Red or Green tomatoes
salt
pepper
garlic powder
evoo (olive oil)
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese

Wash and slice tomatoes to about 1/4 in. thick. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place tomatoes in rows on pan. Drizzle tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt/pepper and garlic powder. Place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 min, 20 minutes for green tomatoes. Take out and sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Place under broiler for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly! If you cut the slices thinner, you can place a pepperoni or any pizza topping on it. It is awesome!! I hope you enjoy and let me know if you try this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment