Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Thursday, November 18, 2010

Couponing 101



I wanted to share with ya'll what I purchased at Kroger a few weeks back when they were having their Mega 10 Event Sale that seemed to last a month!!
There are 4 bottles of Dawn dish detergent. Ever since the oil spill this past summer, I have purchased Dawn, since they donate a portion of sale to help rehabilitate animals that have been affected by oil spills. My family is one of the many animal loving families out there trying to do their part to save wildlife. Kroger had these on a 10 for $10 sale and I purchased 4 (thats all the coupons I had at the time). The coupons value was $.50. Kroger doubles all MFG coupons, everyday, up to $.50. SO, It doubled to a $1 and they were free!!! Wish I could have said the same for the Crest! I only had a $.75 off coupon, which Kroger will not double, so I paid $.25 each for them. Not bad for a box of tooth paste that is normally any where from $2-$3 a box! This is what you can accomplish by using coupons!

I recently had a "Couponing Party" where I taught over 20 ladies how to use coupons! It was a blast and I am getting together another for December! Just to name a couple of pointers while couponing:

1. Make sure you read the coupon. It may say a certain amount off 2 or have a limited size.
2. Ask to see if your store doubles coupons and which days they double. My area Kroger and Publix stores double coupons up to $.50 everyday! I recently found out that there are a couple of stores in my area that will double up to $1 on Saturdays! I will not name the name until I find out for sure! (Don't want to send people to that store with them thinking they can double coupons that they really can't)
3. Make sure you get several papers each week. I usually get 2 papers. On the Sundays that the P&G insert and GM insert are in them I get 4. I have 4 members in my family, so the general rule is 1 for each person of the family. To start out with, I would only get 2 papers. It can become overwhelming at first if you have too many to sort through!

I will be starting some "lessons" on couponing! I hope you tune each to get them!! I will be posting another one tomorrow with some very interesting statistics that you do not want to miss! I was in SHOCK when I read them! Looking forward to READING your replies! And DONT FORGET, I have a new POLL at the bottom of the page for you take!


~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment