Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stretching your Chicken!

If you don't consider yourself a good cook, then I have a recipe for you! This is the easiest Chicken recipe I have. It called for 2 main ingredients! Chicken and Catalina dressing! I went to Sams last week and bought a 10 pk of chicken breast! It gave me 10 huge chicken breast which I divided up. I took 4 and added them to a gallon storage freezer bag and added 1/2 a bottle of Catalina dressing. Which by the way, I purchased the salad dressing as part of the mega 1o event that Kroger ran for 3 weeks. I paid no more than $.65 for each bottle. (Couponing rocks) I then got all the air out of the bag and mushed it around making sure that the chicken was well coated! Then I froze it! I took the other 4 and did the same but with Italian dressing, and the remaining 2 I froze plain. The 2 pks of 4 will give us 2 dinners plus 2 lunches for me the next day. The pk of 2 breast will give us 3 meals. I cant stretch that chicken into chicken taco soup, Chicken pot pie, or Chicken salad. I bought the chicken for $1.88 lb, the cheapest around here for breast! I highly recommend buying you meats in bulk and when you get home with them, dividing them into seperate packages for meals! On this trip I also purchased 5 lbs of Jeannie O Ground Turkey 93/7 for $10.99 (cheap and it was the well known, healthy brand), and over 4.5 lbs of ground Beef 90/10. You can also purchase the storage freezer bags cheap too!! I hope you try this out so you can stretch your dinners out!


Catalina Chicken
4 lg chicken breast
1/2 bottle Catalina dressing

Italian Chicken
4 lg chicken breast
1/2 bottle Italian dressing

Enjoy!


~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment