Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Monday, January 17, 2011

BBQ Bacon Sloppy Joes

BBQ Bacon Sloppy Joes
New Recipe! 

I found a similar recipe in a magazine and thought I would revamp it to make it my own. When I first read it, I thought, BBQ and Cheese???? How is that going to taste. Well, surprisingly, it was DELICIOUS!!!


1lb ground beef (You can use turkey if you like)
2 Carrots, peeled and diced finely
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
4 slices Bacon, diced
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, I used the Ragu Cheddar Cheese Sauce in a jar but the original recipe called for Velveeta.
salt/pepper
garlic powder/onion powder
Italian Bread or Hamburger buns

Saute Carrots in EVOO over med-hi heat. Add bacon and cook 5-6 minutes. (I used Laura Lean Ground Beef so I didnt have to drain bacon fat or beef fat off) Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Add BBQ sauce, Water, and Cheddar cheese. Add seasonings and stir until warmed through. Serve over Italian Bread slices or hamburger buns!! Really Good! 

One might think that this will have a strong BBQ taste or Cheddar Cheese taste. You must try this recipe. Neither one is strong. They blend very well to make this a must have dish!! I served mine with Annie Organic Mac-n-cheese!


 Sorry No Pictures, it got gobbled up!!

~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment