Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Friday, January 21, 2011

WOW! What a week....

I would like to find a stew that will give me heartburn immediately, instead of at three o'clock in the morning.  ~John Barrymore

This week has not gone to plan by far! Trying to get back into a routine from having the kids home from school a whole week because of snow was not easy. And to top that off, They have another snow day today! So, since winter break, they have had 13 days of classes which they only attended 7 because of snow...

Enough venting!
How has your week gone?

Are you still doing the Pantry Challenge?

Speaking of Pantry Challenge, we have not really stuck with the menu plan this week. It went a little something like this...


Tuesday: Fried Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes and Salad

Wednesday: Pasta with Red Sauce 


Thursday:  Chicken Bites, Pasta Salad and Salad

We were going to have fish Wednesday night instead of Goulash but the fish ended up being to mushy and didn't look right, so when in doubt, throw it out. Luckily, I had a stocked pantry and was able to throw a dinner together. 
Thursday night was the only night that I actually went and bought chicken. I forgot to lay something out that morning and the kids were getting out of school early due to snow and I was in a hurry. I know, but it was on sale and I got a good deal! 

Tonight, we are having homemade Pepperoni Pizza!! Yes, this is completely from my pantry! I made a batch of pizza dough last week and froze 3 of the crust dough! My hubby and kids (and I) LOVE Pizza!!!! We could eat it everyday, well, I could!! Homemade just makes it better!! 

As for this weekend, we are having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night. What was planned before was BBQ Chicken Sammies left over from the Roasted Chicken during the week. Since that never got cooked, I am going to make it Saturday night...with Baked Potatoes and Green Beans! I will let them bring the dessert! I might even make some homemade rolls! 

As for Sunday, We will eat out for lunch and for dinner I will stick to the original plan and have Grilled cheese and Soup!

Starting next week, I will be adding in some new topics!! I hope you join me!! Don't forget to follow and refer me to your friends! 

Have a blessed weekend!!

~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment