Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Panrty Challenge Day 2

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.  ~Doug Larson

Pantry Challenge DAY 2

Today is Day 2 of my Pantry Challenge.  

Again, I have not wrote out my menu planning for the next 2 weeks, so I will be working on that today, hopefully! 

If you live in the Mid-South like I do, you know we have snow, and A LOT OF IT!!! We got upwards of 7 inches over the last 2 days. the county south of us got 13 INCHES!!!  That is enough to close down school and the whole county! You would think that being shut up in a house for 2 days, I would get everything on my list done....WRONG!!!

I did however, start back running! My mother gave me her treadmill the other day, ancient but it serves its purpose. Hubby cleaned it up for me last night and I began running again today. Back in April of '09 I ran my first 5K. I hope to run the same one this year and beat my time, if my injury doesn't come back to haunt me. I was sidelined after the 5k due to a stress fracture in my lower leg. UGH!!

Enough about running!!

Lets talk about the Pantry Challenge. It crossed my mind about 11 am that I had not laid anything out for dinner! I then began to read the blogs that I follow. One of them is A YEAR OF SLOW COOKING. She cooks in her crockpot everyday! I found a recipe that I just happened to have all the ingredients to and decided I would make it for dinner tonight. Instead of using the crockpot, I am going to be cooking it on the stove and as a side dish for steak (which I pulled from the freezer around noon). Now, my husband does not like green olives so I am going to hide them in the dish by mincing them. It will still have the same taste, just not visible, which is his problem! Here is the link to the recipe. I will give the verdict tomorrow as to how well it went over with my family. 


So, as you can read, I am using my pantry for dinner tonight. Are you?? If so, leave a comment on what you are having and your plan for your own Pantry Challenge!!



~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

1 comment:

  1. http://mylifeonadime-angela.blogspot.com/2011/01/todays-pantry-meals.html

    That's the link to my blog. Thanks for reminding me to keep eating out of the pantry! It's been going good so far! I posted today's dinner's recipes too! Southwestern Goulash and Mexican Cornbread.

    ReplyDelete