Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pantry Challenge Day 6 & 7


Pantry Challenge Day 6 & 7

Since its the weekend, not a whole lot is getting done around the house. Hubby had been working on the electrical ALL day. He found out that whoever wired the house when it was built back in '98, wired it wrong. Go figure.

Thank God I have a smart enough husband to fix someone else's mistakes.

Our daughters Children Church pastor and his wife had their first baby this past week. As I have mentioned before, I am over the Helps Ministry at our church. We prepare and have dinners arranged for those who have recently had a baby, death or illness in their family. 

I am making them my famous Lasagna! She loves it! And, everyone I have made it for loves it too. I am not one to toot my own horn, but it is really, really good! I give thanks in part to my mom for teaching me how to make it but I have changed it a bit to make it my own! My husband and I make the same Lasagna for roughly 60+ people once a month at our church. Its for new members and their families. We serve it with Green Beans, Garlic Bread and Caesar Salad, which is home cooked. My husband makes all the desserts and they get great raves!!

I decided that since I needed to purchase some of the items for the Lasagna, that I would purchase enough to make 4. Two will be going to them, (1 for tonight and 1 for the freezer for another night) and two will be for us (1 for tonight and 1 for the freezer).  Yes, I had to purchase the items. Yes, I guess you can say I didn't stick to the Pantry Challenge, but I think I have. Since I am making 2 Lasagna's for us, that means 12 meals (lunch and dinner). We don't mind eating on a pan of Lasagna if it takes us 3 nights! WE LOVE OUR LASAGNA!!! That my friends, is a frugal meal!! 

This will be our Saturday night meal, and our Sunday afternoon meal! Anything leftover will be eaten on during the week by me and the kids for lunch and possibly Monday nights dinner as well!! 

So, this is the time that I would normally put in the recipe! Not this time, I don't share my Lasagna recipe. SORRY........Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!!!
~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment