Welcome



When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs









Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pantry Challenge Day 4: Italian

If God had intended us to follow recipes,
He wouldn't have given us grandmothers.
~Linda Henley
Pantry Challenge Day 4:Italian

Wow! What a day! Only thing that got done was the kitchen getting cleaned and a couple of loads of laundry! That is what kind of day it has been!

Whew.....



 On to the challenge!

Tonight we are having Italian Chicken Tenders! Back in November I bought chicken tenders in bulk, and packaged them into separate servings. I took 2 out of the freezer this morning. One for tonight and one for tomorrow night! 


 All I did to the chicken was rub it in olive oil, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder, and poured 3-4 tablespoons of Italian Dressing over the tenders, baked at 425 for 20 minutes!! How easy was that! 

I wanted to serve it with some hearty and filling, so why not pasta salad?! 

I mixed 1/2 cup low fat mayo that I had on hand with 1 teaspoon mustard, and 3 T relish, (we like dill relish) and a few pinches each of garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and paprika. I added about 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon sugar and mixed well!





 I cooked about 2 cups bow-tie pasta to al denta and rinsed in cold water. I mixed the two together and added some mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup).

I know it sounds crazy, ?dill pickle relish?, but we like the salty tang that it adds to the pasta. You can substitute green olives instead but my hubby doesn't like green olives.  

To lighten the dinner up a bit, I know, after the whole pasta thing, I added some green beans! 

Everything came from my pantry and freezer! Items I had on hand! The left over chicken will be used for tomorrow's dinner! Check back to see what that is going to be!!
What did you have for dinner tonight??
ps: the dinner plate is a 6x6 in plate, we use smaller plates for smaller portions!!



~Remember to put God first, and everything else will follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment